Certificate in Community Based Disaster Risk Management
Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Community Based Disaster Risk Management. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview
The Community-Based Disaster Risk Management for Field Practitioner course provides the opportunity to learn essential knowledge and skill in Community-Based Disaster Risk Management to address implementation challenges in a systematic manner. The field practitioners will learn practical tools for designing and implementation of programmes for reducing disaster risks and vulnerability and building of community capacity to promote a culture of safety.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the conceptual framework in reducing risk;
- Design and conduct community- based vulnerability and capacity assessment;
- Identify measures for hazards and vulnerability reduction and community capacity building;
- Analyze problems in the implementation of Community-Based Disaster Risk Management plans and their sustainability
- Document best practice and lesson learnt in Community-Based disaster Risk Management
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Basic Disaster Management Terms and Concepts
Context & Significance
Selection & Communication with Community
Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups in CBDRM
Introduction to HVCA
Community Participatory Tools & Techniques
Community Managed Implementation
Community Preparedness and Response
- All materials are made available through Online or Distance Learning Approaches;
- Approximately 5-6 hours time commitment of your time per week;
- At your own time schedule, no live participation needed;
- Weekly Feedback from committed instructors
- Participants are expected to submit weekly assignments electronically to earn Certificate of Completion.
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs, PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own learning by completing relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
Course Fee: USD 500
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.