Certificate: Communication is Aid Course
Effectively communicating information during emergencies or threats remains a significant and a highly difficult challenge. Such Communication not only needs to be carefully planned as well as implemented but must also be properly integrated with emergency management activities and operations. Emergency events at times present a unique challenge to those involved and those who involve themselves in life saving exercises to ensure that the affected populations have access to basic amenities.
When people are affected and in emergency situations, they need information to be able to communicate with each other and those who are helping them. When humanitarian actors have the right information they will be able to make informed decisions, faster provision of services
hence keeping safe the affected people and their families.
At the end of the course, the learners should be able to;
- Grasp skills on how communication can be used to support disaster-affected people and programme objectives;
- Acquaint self on assessment of the information needs of the community and decide through which channel(s) of communication to reach them;
- Have expertise on how to create and adapt information and messages to maximize impact;
- Be able to develop a communications strategy;
- Be able to manage and respond to feedback from the community.
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Introduction to Public Safety Commission
Crisis Intervention-emergency Communication
Customer Service & Ethics in Emergency Situation
Emergency Services Procedures
Handling the Mainstream Media and Social Media
Stress and Wellness Management
Fee Information: The course participation fee is USD 400. You will receive an invoice by email after registration. More information is available in the event link provided on this page. Registration will be closed as soon as the course is full and your place is secured once your payment is confirmed.
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.