Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce a Diploma in Grants Management Course. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview
The job of grants Management involves a difficult balancing act; ensuring that project staffs have the latitude to accomplish something meaningful and at the same time every obligation of the funding source is met. Depending on the operating style of your organization, the complexity of the project and the nature of the funding source, effective grants Management depend on certain core principles.
These principles are valuable in helping to build trust with your donors and making the management process in your organization more orderly. The purpose of this course is to build the confidence and skills of those responsible for managing institutional donor grants and to meet donors’ financial terms and conditions when implementing programs. Effective grant management by project implementers can attract more funding for the organization.
- Identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions;
- Providing supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements;
- Managing multiple-funded programmes;
- Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report;
- Describe the phases in the grant management cycle clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management;
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant;
- Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence;
- Appreciate that finance and programme staff must work closely for successful grant management.
We strive to de-mystify financial and project management concepts to overcome the fear of finance and grants management
This course is specially designed for Project Staff who manage institutional donor grants where programmes are implemented directly or through operational partners. The course is also suitable for both finance, administrative and non-finance staff who are new to grant management.
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Grant Management Overview
Writing a Grant
Writing Financial/ Donor Reports
Assignments: There are four assignments (continuous assessment tests), research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 40%, research paper counts for 30%, while the Final Exam accounts for 30% of the total mark. Upon completion of the course, you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Examination Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
Duration and Course Load: 24 weeks (5 to 6 hours per week)
Dates: (Six Months) Course Starts at 1st of Every Month
Participants: Development Professionals
Organizer: Africa Training Institute
Format: Web-based and Distance Learning Facilitated
General Course Contact: email@example.com
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.