Introduction to the study of Forced Migration
International Refugee Law and Policy
Humanitarian Assistance and Project Management
Refugees and Humanitarian Emergencies
Theories of international Relations
Domestic Application of Human Rights Law to Refugee Livelihood and Economy
Cooperation and Conflict in International Relations
Human Rights and Humanitarian Crises
Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce Post-Graduate Diploma in Forced Migration Course. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview
Today, tens of millions of people live as refugees. Their vulnerable lives represent a real challenge for governments and organizations around the world. Understanding the causes and consequences of human displacement by gaining the academic and practical skills to deal with its challenges is crucial for addressing the causes of displacement and effectively managing responses to provide real support for people living as refugees.
The course provides an opportunity for interested candidates to specialize in refugee and forced migration studies and to be awarded a Post-graduate diploma as a contribution to the improvement of skills and performance of practitioners who manage refugee affairs; as well as to provide any for those who intend to pursue further studies in this field and in the general area of international relations and peace studies.
- Comprehensive study of human displacement from a global perspective and region wise
- Deep understanding of the economic, political and social factors of refugee crises
- Interpretation of the role of humanitarian intervention and community building in conflict regions.
- Gain experience in the field of forced migration
- To establish and foster symbiotic relationship between theory and practice in forced migration and practical experience in these areas.
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Minimum Entry Requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable
The following shall be eligible for admission
- Holders of a Bachelor's Degree from a recognizable University
- Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognizable Institution
- The Entire Duration is one year (2 Semesters)
- Candidates shall be expected to submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment Tests) that account to 70% of their Final Grade, and a Project Paper at the tail end of the course which accounts to 30% of their Final Grade.
Mode of Delivery
Online / Distance Learning
Cost of the Course
USD 1 000
Applicants should fill out a detailed Application form and send it back via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Course Contact
The Academics Manager,
Africa Training Institute Studies (ATI)
E-mail: The Academic Manager - email@example.com
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.