Post Graduate Diploma in Gender, Poverty and Development
Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce a Post Graduate Diploma in Gender, Poverty and Development Course. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview
Poverty reduction is the ultimate measure of development effectiveness. Serious research into the problematic and contested relationship between notions of gender, poverty, and development continues to blossom. The postgraduate diploma in Gender, Poverty and Development is designed to address issues of gender, poverty and development, educate decision-makers in the formulation of gender sensitive policies, and to apply gender
knowledge and skills that are essential to all careers, such as, social work, institutional management, and legal systems among others. Gender knowledge is currently indispensable in development fields and poverty alleviation endeavors.
The fundamental aim of this programme is to equip the student with appropriate applied knowledge, skills and attitudes related to gender poverty and development. At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Identify and analyze the importance of gender equality in relation to poverty and development in the society.
- Sensitize the community on gender issues through advocacy, counselling, gender theories and practices.
- Analyze and improve organizational capabilities with regard to planning and implementation of gender strategies.
- Incorporate gender in planning and implementation of development projects
- Apply acquired skills and knowledge for gender mainstreaming in their fields of specialization
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Definitions and Indicators of Poverty
Inequality and Development
Poverty Reduction Strategies
Cross-cutting Issues such as Gender and Conflict
AIDs and Poverty: The Political Economy of international Development Assistance
Climate Change and Development
Governance of Violent Conflict and Insecurity
Health and Development
Poverty, Violence and Conflict
Reflective and Creative Practice for Social Change
Minimum Entry Requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable
The following shall be eligible for admission
- Holders of a Bachelor's Degree from a recognizable University
- Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognizable Institution
- The Entire Duration is one year (2 Semesters)
- Candidates shall be expected to submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment Tests) that account to 70% of their Final Grade, and a Project Paper at the tail end of the course which accounts to 30% of their Final Grade.
Mode of Delivery
Online / Distance Learning
Cost of the Course
USD 1 000
Applicants should fill out a detailed Application form and send it back via e-mail to email@example.com
General Course Contact
The Academics Manager,
Africa Training Institute Studies (ATI)
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.