Project Management Theory and Practice
Project Budgeting and Financial Management
Monitoring & Evaluation: Paradigms, Principles & Concepts
Infrastructure Planning & Management
Project Implementation Analysis & Management
Risk Management in Projects & Programmes
Project Leadership & Decision Making
Project Procurement Management
Thesis Research and Submission
Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management Course. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview
Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management is a multi-disciplinary programme that exposes Participants to various disciplines that are appropriate to the development of planning giving special emphasis to the planning and management of development projects and programmes.
The programme is designed to train participants in project planning and management at urban, rural and regional levels; produce professionals with a firm theoretical and practical background in planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes at different spatial levels and equip students with research skills on project planning and management. It is recognized as the most appropriate form of management for the new generation of managers who are asked to handle multidisciplinary projects in a rapidly changing business environment. Its benefits are increasingly being used to improve management performance in areas that were not previously thought of as project driven.
To deal with the ever-changing business environments, many nations, organizations and individuals are turning to Project Management for guaranteed results on time, within the budget and according to quality specifications. Surprisingly, Project Managers and Scholars of Project Management have neglected the subject of planning and effectively managing projects, which is supposed to facilitate and sustain Project /Programme success. Sustainability of Project or programmer’s results depends on the successful design and Implementation of established systems in any given Project/Programme. This depends on how well the project is planned and managed.
- Conceptualize, perceive, start and develop projects in a changing global environment
-Understand analytical tools, principles and concepts of project identification, appraisal implementation and review
- Equip students with skills necessary to identify the needs of a particular area and to develop projects to meet those needs
- Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, competencies and behavior attitudes that can enable one to implement projects effectively and efficiently.
- Provide skills and knowledge in monitoring and evaluating the performance and impact of development projects.
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Minimum Entry Requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable
The following shall be eligible for admission
- Holders of a Bachelor's Degree from a recognizable University
- Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognizable Institution
- The Entire Duration is one year (2 Semesters)
- Candidates shall be expected to submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment Tests) that account to 70% of their Final Grade, and a Project Paper at the tail end of the course which accounts to 30% of their Final Grade.
Mode of Delivery
Online / Distance Learning
Cost of the Course
USD 1 000
Applicants should fill out a detailed Application form and send it back via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Course Contact
The Academics Manager,
Africa Training Institute Studies (ATI)
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.