Contraception (including all methods with optional implant on training)
Medical aspects of Pregnancy
STI Diagnosis and Management of Bacterial & Viral STIs
Cervical Screen & Sexual History Taking
Common Gynecology (include issues for adolescents, sub-fertility and menopause)
Male Sexual Health
Vulva & Breast Health
Sexual Assault and Family Violence
Sexual and Relationship Counselling
Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce a Post Graduate Diploma in Sexual and Reproductive Health Course. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview
This post graduate diploma offers students, professionals and health care workers with skills and knowledge in sexual and reproductive health.
Sexuality encompasses diverse behaviors and meanings that are shaped by individual, social, cultural, and historical factors. From the local to the global, a significant number of public health challenges involve sexual and reproductive health: HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections, unintended pregnancies, access to family planning services, sex education, maternal mortality, sexual violence, and discrimination against/ stigmatization of sexually non-conforming individuals. Promoting sexual and reproductive rights and agency, as well as respect for the dignity, equality, and rights of all persons, are also public health issues.
This course in Sexual and Reproductive Health approaches sexual and reproductive health as states of physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being. The curriculum explores and challenges the social inequalities that have had profound effects on sexuality and health. Students can specialize as researchers or practitioners, and emerge prepared to work in agencies and organizations involved in programmatic or advocacy work, policy or evaluation research, or in direct service delivery.
The objective of the course is that the student will;
- Gain knowledge about reproductive health in a global perspective
- Have knowledge about reproductive rights
- Have knowledge on how sexual violence impact's women's lives
- Gain an understanding of birth control
- Discuss challenges affecting men and women's sexual reproductive health
- Discuss attitudes and behaviors towards sexual health
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Minimum Entry Requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable
The following shall be eligible for admission
- Holders of a Bachelor's Degree from a recognizable University
- Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognizable Institution
- The Entire Duration is one year (2 Semesters)
- Candidates shall be expected to submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment Tests) that account to 70% of their Final Grade, and a Project Paper at the tail end of the course which accounts to 30% of their Final Grade.
- Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course
Mode of Delivery
Online / Distance Learning
Cost of the Course
USD 1 000
Applicants should fill out a detailed Application form and send it back via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Course Contact
The Academics Manager,
Africa Training Institute Studies (ATI)
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.