Introduction to Cleanliness
Solid and Liquid Waste Management
Water Quality Monitoring and Surveillance
Water and Sanitation related diseases
Hydrology and Geology
Ecological and Environmental Protection
Project Work and Research
Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce Post-Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management Course. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview
It is estimated that over 1.2 billion people globally lack access to safe clean drinking water and a further 2.6 billion people lack access to adequate and comfortable sanitation. WHO (2005), estimates that 1.6 million die yearly from diarrhea and cholera which have been attributed to inaccessibility to clean drinking water as well as basic sanitation services. 90 of the figure is from children who are below five years and the trend is rampant in developing countries.
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) are some of the basic needs for human health to lead a normal life. WASH is a practical way of leading people from poverty since every person will be productive and money used to treat the diseases associated with dwindling levels of sanitation and clean water can be used in developing the economy.
After decades of investments, an estimated of the words population especially those in third world countries remain with unreliable and unsafe water. Access to safe water is essential for the health, security, livelihood and quality of life and is especially critical to women and girls as they are the most affected and at the same time they are the ones to be burdened with the issues of collecting water.
Access to safe human waste disposal methods is crucial for the health and well-being of a community. Lack of the same leads to higher costs of living to the community through pollution of rivers, ground water and higher incidence of air and water borne diseases.
By the end of the course, the learner should have garnered knowledge on:
- The links between water, sanitation and Public Health
- The nature of, and the threats posed by, environmental diseases
- Effective hygiene promotion in a crisis context
- The complexity of delivering safe water and sanitation in an emergency
- The standard equipment used in the field for emergency WASH response
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
Minimum Entry Requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable
The following shall be eligible for admission
- Holders of a Bachelor's Degree from a recognizable University
- Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognizable Institution
- The Entire Duration is one year (2 Semesters)
- Candidates shall be expected to submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment Tests) that account to 70% of their Final Grade, and a Project Paper at the tail end of the course which accounts to 30% of their Final Grade.
Mode of Delivery
Online / Distance Learning
Cost of the Course
USD 1 000
Applicants should fill out a detailed Application form and send it back via e-mail to email@example.com
General Course Contact
The Academics Manager,
Africa Training Institute Studies (ATI)
E-mail: The Academic Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn New Skills For an Evolving World
Learn at your own pace, with flexible and personalised training courses designed to build your confidence and help you thrive.